- Considered the first full moon of the year in Hindu tradition.
- It is believed that those who sleep on the full moon night, their fortune also sleep
- Donating a bath is believed to bring merit to the individual.
- By donating a bath, one is believed to accrue spiritual merit.
- A symbolic act associated with cleansing and purifying the self.
- Special significance attached to taking a dip in the Ganges on this day.
- Khichdi, blankets, and clothes should be donated on this day.
- Such rituals are believed to attract the blessings of Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi.
Purnima Tithi holds special significance in Hinduism. The full moon of Shukla Paksha in the Paush month of the calendar is known as Paush Purnima. The full moon is a special day for the moon when it is at its largest. Bathing, donating, and offering Arghya to the Sun God on Paush Purnima is highly valued in astrology. Moreover, you can now perform Hindu Online Puja Services at OnlineTemple. Visit to learn more!
Bathing on the full moon day completes the religious rituals performed during the month of Pausha. In Kashi, Prayagraj, and Haridwar, bathing in the Ganga is very important on Paush Purnima Day.
Paush Purnima 2024 Date
- Paush Purnima on Thursday, 25 January 2024
- Paush Purnima date starts – 24 January 2024 at 09:49 pm
- Paush Purnima date ends – 25 January 2024 at 11:23 pm
The importance of Paush Purnima, which is considered to be the first full moon of the year. This day has been described as very special in the Puranas. The special importance of taking a bath in Triveni has been told on this date. The special importance of taking a dip in the Ganges on the day of Paush Purnima has been explained and the door to salvation opens for you. Performing some religious rituals on this day is considered very effective and beneficial. If you perform with pure devotion, you will get the blessings of Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi. Now worshipping God or Goddess online can be possible with OnlineTemple, just an online puja booking temple for divine blessings.