Pradosh Vrat also known as Pradosham in South India, is an auspicious bimonthly occasion dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Devotees from different parts of the country offer their holy prayers and seek blessings from Lord Shiva by observing fast on this day. The auspicious day of Pradosh Vrat occurs twice a month which is during Krishna Paksha and Shukla Paksha. This time, the Vrat is going to be observed on 17 May 2023 which is during Krishna Paksha on Trayodashi Tithi in Jyeshtha month. You can also book online puja for Pradosh Vrat to get the divine blessing of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Date and Time of Budh Pradosh Vrat
Trayodashi Tithi Begins: 16 May 2023 – 11:36 PM
Trayodashi Tithi Ends: 17 May 2023 – 10:28 PM
Pradosh Vrat is a sacred three-hour period of twilight which is also considered the best time to worship Lord Shiva. Devotees from all around the country observe this holy fast for spiritual upliftments, eternal bliss, and good health. On this auspicious day, Shiva devotees wear Vibhuti and Rudraksha to perform pujas and worship Lord Shiva with Aandal paste, Abhishek, Bael leaves, lamps, and incense. Additionally, if you also want to perform this holy puja but don’t know how to. Then, you can easily book online puja for Pradosh Vrat with Online Temple and get the puja performed by erudite purohits.
Significance of Pradosh Vrat 2023
Pradosh Vrat is an auspicious day and holds great significance among Hindus. Pradosh, the meaning of this word is the time which is associated with sunsets and Pradosh Vrat tithi often falls 72 mins before sunset. On this holy day, devotees from different parts of the country indulge themselves in various religious and spiritual activities. People perform different prayers, chant different Mantras, do meditation, and visit temples to perform Abhishekam to Lord Shiva.
It is highly believed that females who are looking for their desired life partner should offer bangles, clothes, Vermillion, and five fruits to Goddess Parvarti and must seek her blessing. It is also believed that Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva are delighted on this auspicious day and hence grant the wishes of their devotees if they worship them with pure intentions and dedication.
In certain places of the country, people also worship Lord Shiva in the form of Natraj on this day. It is believed that Lors Shiv appeared in the form of Natraj to win over the demon Apasmarg, a demon who is responsible for creating all the illusions in life. So, online booking for Pradosh Vrat puja can also help people to get more clarity in their life and get rid of all the confusion.
Benefits of Pradosh Vrat According to the Day it Falls on
- Sunday: By observing the fast on Sunday, devotees obtained good health and long life.
- Monday: Observing the fast on Monday helps devotees to become positive thinkers and all their desires are more likely to come true.
- Tuesday: Fasting on Tuesday helps get rid of health problems and chronic diseases.
- Wednesday: Observing the Pradosh Vrat on Wednesday get their wishes fulfilled and bless them with wisdom and knowledge.
- Thursday: Observing the fast on Thursday helps the devotees to destroy their enemies and put an end to all their existing dangers.
- Friday: Pradosh Vrat on Friday can bless you with good fortune and a happy married life.
- Saturday: Pradosh Vrat on Saturday is considered important of all because devotees observe this Vrat for a child.
Puja Rituals for Pradosh Vrat 2023
- Devotees wake up early in the morning and take a bath before starting their respective puja rituals.
- Place an idol of Shiva Parivaar i.e. Lors Shiva, Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, Kartikeya, and Nandi, and light a Diya of desi ghee in front of them.
- Now, recite the Chalisa of Shiva and perform Aarti.
- Devotees also like to visit the temple and perform Rudrabhishekam on this auspicious day.
- People who are under some mental stress and are facing delays in their marriage should observe Pradosh Vrat and seek blessings from Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- Also, devotees should chant Om Namah Shivaye and Mahamrityunjay Mantra on this day to get rid of their problems.
Thus, the day of Pradosh is celebrated with great joy and immense devotion among Hindus. Devotees from different parts of the country observe a fast on this auspicious day and perform Pradosh Vrat puja. You can also book online puja for Pradosh Vrat with Online Temple, the best e-puja service platform to get the divine blessing of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Also Read: Book Online Puja to Get Instant Relief from Black Magic and Vashikaran