The famed shrine in Sabarimala, Kerala, is devoted to Lord Ayyappa, also known as Manikandan/Manikandan. The young child who opted to live at the Sabarimala has become a popular attraction for hundreds of pilgrims throughout the pilgrimage season. If you are seeking peace and the blessing of Lord Ayyappa, then make an Online booking for Ayyappan Puja, where you can witness the power of faith.
Lord Ayyappan or Ayyappa:
The Hindu deity Lord Ayyappan, also known as simply Ayyappa is mostly adored in southern India. Other names for Ayyappa include “Hariharan Puthran” and “Hariharaputra,” both of which mean “the son of both Hari” (Vishnu) and “Haran” (Shiva). Believers attribute his birth to the marriage of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu, with the latter manifesting as Mohini, his sole female form.This clarifies his divine abilities, which is a blend of Lord Shiva’s and Lord Vishnu’s powers. There is no need to introduce the renowned Sabarimala temple in Kerala. It is devoted to the worship of Manikanta, another name for Lord Ayyappa.
Significance of performing Lord Ayyappan Puja:
- Lord Ayyappa Puja facilitates mental development. Having greater self-control & self-worth is also beneficial for success.
- This pooja aids in decreasing the negative impacts of Shani Graha in one’s horoscope.
- Purifying the mind, body, and soul with this pooja promotes a healthy and joyful existence.
- Book special pujas online to perform remotely and take blessings from Lord Ayyappan.
Consider the following before visiting Sabarimala Ayyappa Darshan:
- The worship of Ayyappan is performed with the purest sincerity. There are many curiosities associated with worshiping Sabarimala Ayyappa.
- Men of all ages are welcome to visit Sabarimala. Some people cannot access Sabarimala. Only ladies under the age of 10 and over the age of 50 are permitted.
- A true devotee can only climb and reach the heights of divine bliss if they observe the 41-day fast.
- A strong spirit gained through fasting is the only means to conquer the position of Ayyappan’s home on top of rough terrain.
- The principal virtues that the worship of Ayyappan imparts are self-realization, purity, self-control, devotion, honesty, and strength of will.
Some interesting facts about Sabarimala:
Let us quickly review some fascinating information about Sabarimala that you most likely were unaware of.
The followers have been abstaining from sexual activity for the past 1500 years.
This ancient Hindu temple in Kerala dedicates itself to Lord Ayyappa, a celibate Brahmachari. The history of Sabarimala temple suggests that male devotees were against allowing women between the ages of 10 and 50 to enter the shrine. This regulation has been followed in the temple for the past 1500 years.
Adherents stick to a particular shade of color.
Devotees organizing the Sabarimala Temple Tour have to abide by some regulations. Devotees must adhere to a strict color code before entering the sacred shrine, wearing either black or blue. Furthermore, people apply Sandalwood paste or Vibhuti (the ash from incense sticks) to their forehead throughout the journey.
The temple features 18 steps and amidst 18 hills.
The temple is located among the Western Ghats’ eighteen hills. There are eighteen steps you must climb to get to the temple.
The first five steps represent the body’s five “senses.” The next eight steps represent 8 unpleasant emotions, such as envy and rage. The next two stand for intrinsic characteristics. Ignorance and knowledge are represented by the other two, Vidya and Avidya.
A mosque is located beside the temple.
Relatively close to the Muslim saint Vavar, this well-known South Indian temple includes a mosque named after him. However, the precise nature of the relationship between Vavar and Sabarimala Temple is still uncertain.
The shrine was named after the epic Ramayana.
You are undoubtedly familiar with the well-known Ramayana Figure Shabari. According to the legend surrounding the Sabarimala shrine, Sabarimala Temple got its name because Shabari used to reside amid the 18 hills.
These were just some of the amazing facts about Lord Ayyappa. Ayyappan Temple at Sabarimala is a prominent pilgrimage destination in Kerala. Because it draws followers closer to God, the temple is worthwhile visiting. Additionally, if you are looking for Lord Ayyappa’s blessings and tranquility. Book online puja services to get Lord Ayyappan’s blessing remotely.
If you enjoyed this article, then you may also find reading the following interesting:
Peepal Puja Remedies: Proper Way to Offer Water to Peepal Tree