The Shravan Putrada Ekadashi is a significant spiritual and cultural holiday observed during the holy month of Shravan. The rituals linked with this Ekadashi include fasting and prayer, which stand for self-control and enduring faith. Devotees engage in acts of piety including visiting temples, honoring Lord Vishnu, meditating, and reciting sacred hymns. The putrada Ekadashi fast is said to grant wishes for a son because the name “Putrada” means “giver of sons.”
In addition to its material advantages, Shravan Putrada Ekadashi offers significant spiritual teachings. It highlights the necessity of letting go of desires in order to reach inner harmony and the changing potential of faith. This Ekadashi serves as a comprehensive reminder of the inextricable connection between devotion and divinity, inspiring believers to accept its lessons and embark on a journey of self-discovery, spiritual growth, and enlightenment.
Hence, in this article, we are going to discuss the significance and rituals of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. Additionally, if you are looking to book Hindu online puja services, make sure to check out Online Temple, the best online portal for religious ceremonies and remedial rituals.
Significance of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi
Our Hindu society places a high priority on having sons since they will take care of their parents when they get older. Even the “Shraddha” ancestral ceremonies, which are designed to provide peace to the departed ancestors, can only be performed by a son. Hinduism observes 26 Ekadashi, each of which has a distinct purpose. The Shravana Shukla Paksha Ekadashi has the ability to endow a childless couple with a son. Only two Ekadashi, the other being the “Pausha Putrada Ekadashi,” are “givers of sons.”
The ‘Bhavishya Purana’ tells the story of King Yudhisthira and Sri Krishna explaining the significance of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. The Lord himself described the traditions and benefits of observing this cherished fast here. In addition to receiving the blessing of a son, devotees of Vishnu observe the Shravan Putrada Ekadashi to atone for their sins and find redemption. Additionally, you can also book Vishnu Sahasranama online puja with Online Temple to gain the divine blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Shravan Putrada Ekadashi Puja Rituals
- The main ritual observed on Shravan Putrada Ekadashi is the Ekadashi Vrat. Couples who want a son should unquestionably observe the fast. It is up to the partners to decide whether they wish to observe a strict or partial fast.
- However, it is strictly prohibited to consume pulses, grains, onions, rice, and non-vegetarian food on the Shravan Putrada Ekadashi fast day.
- The observer is required to eat only “satvik” foods before the afternoon when the fast begins on Dashami. Complete celibacy should be kept during the Dashami night.
- No food should be consumed between the dawn of Ekadashi (the 11th day) and the dawn of Dwadashi (the 12th day). Devotees shouldn’t break their fast until the puja is finished and the Brahmins have received food.
- Lord Vishnu is worshipped on this day with all of our zeal and devotion. The “Panchamrit” Abhishek is conducted with Lord Vishnu’s idol put up on a small platform.
- Among the puja offerings are fruits, flower garlands, tulsi leaves, camphor, incense sticks, oil lamps, coconuts, and gulab jamun.
- The person keeping the fast is expected to recite Lord Vishnu’s praises throughout the night while awake. The majority of followers also go to any Lord Vishnu temple in the area in the evening.
- On Shravan Putrada Ekadashi, the extremely well-known “Jhulan festival” also starts and lasts for five days. The idols of Lord Krishna and Goddess Radha are positioned in a swing (jhula) that has been exquisitely adorned with flowers and creepers. The festivities end on Shravan Poornima (the day of the full moon).
About Online Temple
Also, make sure to check out the best online puja services provided by Online Temple and complete your reservations in a single click. Additionally, if you want to understand more about Indian culture, Indian temples, pujas, and festivals, visit the Online Temple website. Online Temple’s Hindu Online Puja service stands out in the industry because of our credibility and e-commerce facilitation, quick access to divine ties, and simple transactions. So, what are you still waiting for? Book online Hindu puja services with Online Temple today.